There’s a new game in town.
The Fort Bend Youth Sports Association was created in 2010 to address the growing demand for youth football in Fort Bend County. FBYSA is pleased to announce the formation of FBYSA’s GridIron Football League, which will begin a competitive tackle football program for boys ages 7 to 12 in the fall of 2010.
The GridIron Football League provides a new tackle football opportunity to Fort Bend County residents based on three fundamental principles:
Zoned League System – FBYSA believes that football at any level has a unique ability to bring communities together. Therefore, teams in the GridIron Football League will be made up of players that all live within the same area as their high school zone. Our goal is for GridIron teams to become a source of community pride within these zones, just like the local high school team.
- Team names and colors will correspond to the high school’s mascot and colors.
- Players in the GridIron Football League will have the chance to play with the boys who could be their future teammates in middle school and high school – and to play against the players they might one day line up against on Friday night. This model is used by other communities in the state of Texas and has helped produce both great rivalries as well as football players that have excelled at every level of the sport.
- Each zone will have a “Zone Manager” who will coordinate the formation of teams and activities within that zone with the league. There will be 4 “Participating Zones” for the 2010 season (Austin, Clements, Dulles, and Ridge Point).
Affiliation with USA Football – The GirdIron Football League has partnered with USA Football, the official youth football organization for the NFL and the NFL Players Association. This partnership will help ensure that our league, the coach, players, and officials participate in the game of football in accordance with the national standards of USA Football. Our partnership with USA football means:
- All coaches must be certified through USA Football’s coaching certification program.
- Coaches receive the necessary training on proper fitting of equipment and learn best practices to coach players in a manner that reduces the risk of injury.
- Games will be played based on USA Football’s model rules for youth football. These rules, the results of years of work, are the first national standard of its kind for youth football.
By adopting USA Football’s national standards, the GridIron Football League will provide the premier youth football environment in Fort Bend County for players, coaches, and parents alike.
Participation for All – The GridIron Football League will offer open registration on the website, and all applicants within the “Participating Zones” will be placed on a team assuming availability of coaches and practice fields. Team sizes will be minimum of 15 and maximum of 20 players.